Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm a Non-Fiction Kind of Guy

Why don't I blog more often?  I've always got something to write about.  But unlike Mark Zuckerberg, I think of things like whether I would offend someone.  I also think of things like getting sued, losing my job, or just regretting what I put online for years to come.  And it seems that everything going on in my life is one of those things that I just can't share without the consequences smacking me in the face.

If only I could write fiction!  If only I could make up stories from scratch!  I probably could just change a few names and places so that no-one would know.  But this blog is read by so few, anyone reading it would likely know me and see through my clever alterations.  But if I could write those completely original works of fiction, I could blog all day long.

I guess I need to get to the point where blogging isn't just a rant about life.  Maybe then I could create a work of art and just enjoy sharing it with the world.

When that day comes, I'll post something, and all two of this blog's readers can make comments about what a great writer I am.  And I'll post more and I'll have at least one post per month, and maybe even two or three per month, and everyone will eagerly await my next super-entertaining and non-fact-containing blog post.

Until then, I guess this is all we've got.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, but you've tapped into a common blogging theme here: blog about blogging. There are tons of blogs that are about blogging. Or not blogging, however you want to look at it. So, now that you're on a roll, just keep it going. And followers doesn't equal readers. I have a lot more readers than followers. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could do a post about what the Blog name means. I for one am curious. Rest assured I WILL sue you if you're offensive though...

    ReplyDelete